- Apr09 EventMarkets Media - Canadian Trading & Investing Summit - April 09, 2014
CanDeal is pleased to announce our participation at the 7th annual Canadian Trading and Investing Summit, hosted by Markets Media on Thursday April 17th. CanDeal’s CEO, Jayson Horner, will be participating on a panel focused on the electronification of financial markets.
The event will focus on fixed income, foreign exchange and equities. Other topics debated will include the effects of regulation and what it means for specific sectors, systemic risk, clearing and trading.
For more information on the event, please click here or contact your CanDeal sales representative.
- Jan28 InfographicHow did participants leverage CanDeal in 2013? - January 28, 2014
$2.3 trillion was traded on CanDeal in 2013, but what did that really mean? The Canadian fixed income market continues its trend towards electronicfication. We are pleased to report that trading was up 32% on an annual basis, helping make 2013 yet another record breaking year for CanDeal.
Similar to last year, we have created a visual snapshot of some of the key statistics that are of interest to our participants. Our 2013 CanDeal Year in Review infographic provides a holistic view of our electronic trading business.To read more, click on the document below:
- Nov27 IntelligenceQuarterly Insight | Q3-2013 - November 27, 2013
During the quarter, 452 buy-side participants were active on CanDeal. Participants executed a total of 60,404 trades and $571 billion in trade volume in Q3. We are also pleased to announce our 1 millionth trade was executed during the month of September. Below is an overview of our business highlights from Q3-2013.
To read more, click on the document below:
- Largest Q/Q volume increases by product: Promissory Notes up 21%, Provincial T-bills up 19% & Provincial bonds up 12%
- CanDeal Excel launched, providing participants with a trusted source for insight into the Canadian market
- Greenwich Associates publish annual fixed income study
- Nov22 IntelligenceOTC Intelligence | Market Agreed Coupon (MAC) Contract - November 22, 2013On April 24, 2013, the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) issued a release announcing the publication of a form of confirmation for a Market Agreed Coupon (MAC) contract. The MAC Contract is voluntary and is meant to compliment bespoke interest rate swaps (IRS) and deliverable interest rate futures. The intent of the new MAC swaps are to help improve liquidity to interest rate swap products as they become more accessible to investors, and also serve to enhance market transparency.To read more, click on the document below:
- Nov18 IntelligenceOTC Intelligence | Canadian Regulators Publish New Derivatives Rules - November 18, 2013
On November 14, the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC), the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) and the Manitoba Securities Commission (MSC) published harmonized province-specific rules for OTC derivatives regulation, specifically identifying the derivatives in question, central clearing and trade reporting.To read more, click on the document below: