- Nov27 IntelligenceQuarterly Insight | Q3-2013 - November 27, 2013
During the quarter, 452 buy-side participants were active on CanDeal. Participants executed a total of 60,404 trades and $571 billion in trade volume in Q3. We are also pleased to announce our 1 millionth trade was executed during the month of September. Below is an overview of our business highlights from Q3-2013.
To read more, click on the document below:
- Largest Q/Q volume increases by product: Promissory Notes up 21%, Provincial T-bills up 19% & Provincial bonds up 12%
- CanDeal Excel launched, providing participants with a trusted source for insight into the Canadian market
- Greenwich Associates publish annual fixed income study
- Nov22 IntelligenceOTC Intelligence | Market Agreed Coupon (MAC) Contract - November 22, 2013On April 24, 2013, the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) issued a release announcing the publication of a form of confirmation for a Market Agreed Coupon (MAC) contract. The MAC Contract is voluntary and is meant to compliment bespoke interest rate swaps (IRS) and deliverable interest rate futures. The intent of the new MAC swaps are to help improve liquidity to interest rate swap products as they become more accessible to investors, and also serve to enhance market transparency.To read more, click on the document below:
- Nov18 IntelligenceOTC Intelligence | Canadian Regulators Publish New Derivatives Rules - November 18, 2013
On November 14, the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC), the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) and the Manitoba Securities Commission (MSC) published harmonized province-specific rules for OTC derivatives regulation, specifically identifying the derivatives in question, central clearing and trade reporting.To read more, click on the document below:
- Oct04 IntelligenceOTC Intelligence | SEF & Central Clearing Update - October 04, 2013
CFTC Approval Paves the Way for Regulated Electronic Swap Trading
On September 6, 2013, CanDeal’s global Canadian dollar interest rate swap partner, Tradeweb Markets, announced it has received temporary registration approval for its swap execution facilities (SEFs) from the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) - compliance deadline for SEFs was October 2, 2013.
Electronic Trades Feed Central Clearing
The existing electronic IRS infrastructure facilitates end-to-end electronic execution and clearing. Buy- and sell-side participants who leverage the technology already have their post-trade message information being sent directly to central clearing houses.To read more, click on the document below:
- Sep10 Op-EdIs e-trading an ace in the hole for markets? - September 10, 2013
As regulators seek to enact change, they must balance their transparency objectives with the needs of market participants. The Globe and Mail, Report on Business, Streetwise blog featured an op-ed article from CanDeal's CEO, Jayson Horner, on the role electronic trading can play in providing a solution to satisfy all market participants.To read more, click on the document below: