News & Press Releases
- Jan16 Press ReleaseCanDeal Introduces Electronic Canadian Dollar Swap Trading - January 16, 2013
MONTREAL/TORONTO, January 16, 2013: CanDeal announced the launch of the first electronic multi-dealer-to-customer marketplace for Canadian dollar interest rate swaps in collaboration with Tradeweb Markets LLC. The new platform provides a more efficient means for market participants to meet G20 mandates and adhere to pending swap execution facility (SEF) rules.
While CanDeal has been the leading provider of electronic markets for Canadian bonds and money market trading for over a decade, this is its first move into derivatives. To date, nine bank/dealers are providing liquidity on the new platform.
- Nov28 Press ReleaseCanDeal to Donate Trading Revenues to HIV & AIDS Research - November 28, 2012
Canadian e-trading leader partners with Sun Life Financial and CANFAR on industry charity day.
NOVEMBER 14, 2012 - MONTREAL, Quebec & TORONTO, Ontario; CanDeal, the leading electronic marketplace for Canadian fixed income securities, will donate all its trading revenues on November 28 to the Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research (CANFAR). This is the second year that CanDeal has partnered with CANFAR and Sun Life Financial to raise funds, in conjunction with the annual Bloor Street Entertains gala (www.bloorstreetentertains.ca) in Toronto.
- Oct01 ArticleCanadian Business in Action: Canada’s Electronic Market for Canadian Dollar Debt Securities - October 01, 2012
CanDeal was profiled in the October issue of Canadian Business in Action. The article, “Canada’s Electronic Market for Canadian Dollar Debt Securities” features commentary from CEO Jayson Horner on CanDeal’s role as a pioneer for electronic trading in fixed income and derivatives. To read the full article click here.
- Aug17 ArticleCanadian Electronic Bond Trading Up 28% in 1H 2012, CanDeal Says - August 17, 2012
Wall Street Journal’s David George-Cosh reports on H1 activity on CanDeal’s marketplace and references data from Greenwich Associates recent Canadian Fixed Income report.
- Mar27 ArticleCanDeal bond market overtakes TSX in value traded - March 27, 2012
Globe and Mail’s Boyd Erman reports on how the CanDeal marketplace has overtaken the TSX in value traded.